Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless his holy name! Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits..." - Psalm 103:1-2
Check out last Sunday’s sermon here.
Grumble, Grumble, Grumble…
“Hey you, soul, bless the Lord!”
“Why? I’d rather grumble. I don’t feel like it.”
- He forgives all your iniquities (Ps 103:3).
- He heals all your diseases (Ps 103:3).
- He crowns you with steadfast love and mercy (Ps 103:4).
- He satisfies you with good (Ps 103:5).
- He works righteousness and justice for the oppressed (Ps 103:6).
- He reveals Himself to those who don’t deserve it (Ps 103:7).
- He is merciful and gracious (Ps 103:8).
- He does not hold onto anger forever, because He satisfied His wrath in Jesus (Ps 103:9).
- He does not repay you according to your sins (Ps 103:10).
- He exceeds all in His love (Ps 103:11).
- He forgives like no other, removing sins like the east flees from the west (Ps 103:12).
- He is compassionate like a father (Ps 103:13).
- He loves people who fade like dust (Ps 103:14-18).
- He is sovereign over all things, ruling kings and kingdoms (Ps 103:19).
The Call: "Hey sister, hey brother, bless the Lord!"
May we see the goodness of the Lord every day. May we praise Him for his goodness with lives of thankfulness and following. May we tell others to join in.