On Sunday (May 10) We Gather
Dear Church Family,
On May 4, a new set of directed health measures went into effect for our area, and churches have been formally exempted from the 10-person limit on gatherings. Accordingly, we plan to gather together as a church on Sunday, May 10 at 10:30 AM. I can hardly wait. It feels like it has been years!
We will need to comply with a few conditions/stipulations from the authorities. So please note the following:
- The 6-foot Rule:
- Households are encouraged to sit together in the Worship Center, and maintain a seating distance of three seats from other households seated in the same row.
- Seating will be arranged with six feet of distance between the rows. Because most of the college students and all of the Job Corps students are presently away from Chadron, we believe we can use this method to both accommodate all who wish to come and also adhere to the distancing guidelines.
- Please do not congregate in the Worship Foyer and limit fellowship in high-traffic areas (entrances and exits). It might be better to fellowship outside, keeping six-feet apart.
- No nursery or child-care services will be provided. Parents, please keep your children with you, and help them comply with the 6-foot guidance.
- No coffee or beverage services will be available.
- Please avoid handshaking or hugging.
- The Lord’s Supper: we plan to observe the Lord’s Supper together. Special arrangements will be made so that the elements can be distributed while maintaining the social-distancing guidance.
Of course, if you are in an at-risk demographic, are constrained by work or quarantine requirements, or simply feel unsafe attending the meeting we would encourage you to stay home. We will still livestream the service so you can follow along from home. And we look forward to the day when all of us can gather together again.
I hope to see you this Sunday.
Pastor Mike, for the Elder Team