Ridgeview & the Coronavirus
As a church leadership it is important for us to consider the physical safety of our people, as well as our spiritual needs. It is also important to neither panic, nor scoff when it comes to public health scares like the coronavirus pandemic. We don’t panic, because our hope is in God. We take seriously verses like Philippians 4:6-7:
do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
We don’t scoff because we are called to be wise. To that end we have formed a team to oversee our precautions and form a plan of response as this health concern comes closer to home. At this point, we have not cancelled any regularly scheduled events. Our posture is to proceed with caution.
The caution we want to proceed with is in the following recommendations and decisions:
- We recommend that those who are elderly or who suffer from respiratory issues consider staying home should cases appear in Chadron. From the medical advice we have received, these demographics are at the greatest risk. We plan to live-stream our services so that you can log on and not completely miss out. Also, if you decide to stay home, please let an elder or deacon know so that we can show better care to you during this time.
- We recommend that we avoid handshaking (etc.) at our public gatherings until this concern has past. Maybe the famous elbow bump (click here to see what I mean) is in order.
- We recommend washing hands regularly and taking advantage of the hand sanitizer stations (which are now very limited, due to the demand).
- We decided that will not be serving coffee or hot drinks for the next few weeks. The coffee station is a common place of touch, as people pump the coffee canisters and cream, etc. We will continue to offer free bottled water.
- We recommend signing up for Remind to get the very latest information from the church concerning event scheduling, cancellations, etc.. To do that, just text @rbcchadron to 81010.
If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us. Let’s do what we can to love one another, love our neighbors and make much of Christ during this difficulty, for the glory of God!